- Diploma Program – 24 weeks (total time in class and on practical placement)
- Monday to Friday, 4 hours per day
The hospitality industry is dynamic and exciting and one of the biggest employers in the world. Are you an individual with a passion for providing excellent customer service in busy, fast paced environments? If so, then the Hotel/Resort Management program may be the right choice for you. The global nature of business and the growing leisure industry is fuelling demand in the hospitality and resort industry. Excellent Hotel and Resort Managers who can efficiently, pleasantly and calmly take care of customers needs are in demand.
Hotel/Resort Management Program Objective
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now!
Hotel/Resort Management Placements
The Hotel/Resort Management program includes a five week co-op placement. The placement allows you to apply your classroom learning, gain confidence in your abilities and open doors to future employment.
Successful completion of the five weeks of placement is necessary for graduation.
Hotel/Resort Management Career Opportunities
The hospitality and tourism industry continues to grow and is in need of well-trained employees with excellent customer service skills. Graduates of the Hotel/Resort Management program find career opportunities and employment in organizations such as hotels, resorts, restaurants, clubs, tourist attractions, and event planning. Relevant positions include:
- Hotel front office supervisors
- Managers of hotel housekeeping
- Managers of hotel/resort security
- Managers of tourism
- Hospitality Sales
- Hotel/Resort Marketing
- Restaurant, bar and club managers
- Event organizers
Hotel/Resort Management Wage Information
Source: Accommodation Service Managers (NOCC 0632-0)
Ontario www.jobbank.gc.ca, March 2017
Hotel/Resort Management Admission Requirements
Let's Get Started
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or the equivalent, or if 18 years of age or over, you may apply as a mature student and write an entrance exam
- Language proficiency is an essential skill required for all Hotel/Resort Management employees
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Immigration approval
- Assessment Interview to determine suitability for the Hotel/Resort Management program
- Applicants must have a positive attitude and genuinely like working with people