Algonquin Careers Academy is located in two of the largest and most multicultural cities in Canada—Ottawa, Ontario, the capital city of Canada, and Mississauga, Ontario, part of exciting Metropolitan Toronto. We are honoured to accept qualified international students into any of our programs.
The Government of Canada through Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has authorized Algonquin Careers Academy to accept and enroll international students. Algonquin Careers Academy's designated learning institution numbers are:
- Algonquin Careers Academy - Ottawa : DLI # 019329829942
- Algonquin Careers Academy - Mississauga (Toronto): DLI # 019319175222
In order to be accepted into Algonquin Careers Academy as an international student, you should complete the following requirements:
- Examine our diploma programs.
- Choose a preferred program of study and a college location.
- Complete the application form using the pdf at following Admissions Application link. Please scan and email this application to us, or mail to the campus of you wish to attend.
- Our programs are delivered in English so you must be able to demonstrate a proficiency in the English language
- Algonquin Careers Academy will arrange an on-line assessment test to verify your eligibility.
- Once you have successfully passed the on-line assessment test, a non refundable registration fee deposit of $200 is required for all programs. This can be in the form of a wire transfer, money order, bank draft, certified cheque, Debit, Visa, or MasterCard. The deposit will be credited toward your tuition once you are accepted into the program.
- After passing the on-line assessment Algonquin Careers Academy will prepare a Letter of Acceptance to aid you in obtaining a Student Authorization/Visa.
- Citizen and Immigration Canada (CIC) requires that students have paid their school in advance, and students must demonstrate that they have done this before submitting their visa and study permit application. You will also need to be able to provide proof of financial support for yourself and family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. This is a very important step. We are available to help you understand this part of the process.
- By this point, you will have an active conversation with your admissions contact and be discussing everything from living in Canada to housing, airport pick up, weather to expect...there is a lot to talk about! You will also need to arrange health insurance for your period in Canada. Your admission contact will introduce you to health coverage providers that provide excellent health coverage at an affordable price.
- Arrive in Ottawa, Canada or Mississauga, Canada and start school. A new future is started!
Let's Get Started