Business Management Program and Career Courses
In-class Diploma Program
- 48 weeks total time to complete
- Monday to Friday, 4 hours per day
Online Distance Education Diploma Program
48 weeks total time to complete based on 20 hours per week of dedicated learning plus homework
- Majority of the course content is completed online within pre-scheduled milestones
- Instructor time is scheduled each week via video lectures
Do you have an interest in all aspects of business including accounting, marketing, human resources and business law? Then the Business Management course may be the program for you! Business Management graduates can enter into the business world through a variety of paths.
Business Management Program Objective
The objective of the Business Management Diploma program is to train students in business practices. This program focuses on three key elements providing each student with an understanding of the theoretical principles of business management, the practical “hands on” skills required to do the job and the communication skills needed to work within an office environment.
Students will learn Bookkeeping, Financial Accounting and Payroll with two of the most popular accounting software packages: Sage 50 - Simply and QuickBooks.
A fundamental understanding of the core elements of business is provided through the following business courses: Human Resource Management, Business Law, Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management and Business Plans.
Computer applications skills are in great demand in the business world. Students will develop solid skills in Microsoft Windows including Outlook, Word Level 1 & 2, Excel Level 1 & 2, PowerPoint and MS Project.
The Business Communications course rounds out the technical and business courses.
The principles and practical skills learned in the Business Management courses ensure our graduates will be effective and efficient in an entry-level position in business.
Business Management Program Relevant Certification
This program provides our students the opportunity to begin preparation for the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification, issued by the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA). The certification is nationally recognized as a Standard of Excellence for payroll training. CPA exams are not included as part of the program but students will be well prepared to consider this certification path after graduation.
Is a Professional Business Career Right for You?
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Business Career Training Readiness score now!
Business Management Career Opportunities
Graduates of this program will have the opportunity to enter the workplace with the knowledge and skills required to perform important tasks carried out by employees in business, governments and not-for-profit organizations within departments such as accounting, human resources, customer service, sales and account management. Career opportunities may include:
- Business/Financial Analyst
- Office Manager
- Office Administrator
- Co-ordinator Office Administration
- Business Applications Specialist
- Human Resource Assistant
- Entry Accounting Positions
- Payroll Clerk
- Financial and Administration Officer
- Starting a business/Entrepreneur.
Business Management Wage Information
Administrative Officers (NOCC 1221)
Source: Administrative Officers (NOCC 1221) Ontario www.jobbank.gc.ca, September 2019
Personnel Clerks (NOCC 1415)
Source: Personnel Clerks (NOCC 1415-C) Ontario www.jobbank.gc.ca, September 2019
Accounting and Related Clerks (NOCC 1431)
Source: Accounting and Related Clerks (NOCC 1431) Ontario www.jobbank.gc.ca, September 2019
Payroll Clerk (NOCC 1432)
Source: Payroll Administrators (NOCC 1432) Ontario www.jobbank.gc.ca, September 2019
Business Management Program Admission Requirements
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or the equivalent, or if 18 years of age or over, you may apply as a mature student and write an entrance exam
- Ontario grade 12 English or equivalent
- Language proficiency is an essential skill required for all employees in business
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Immigration approval
- Assessment Interview to determine suitability for the Business Management program
- Applicants must have an interest in business, the ability to work with numbers and a comfort level for learning computer applications
Business Management Fee Information
Tuition: $11,900 Textbooks and other fees: $2,466 International Student Fee: $2,780