Supply Chain and Logistics Course & Program
Diploma Program – 46 weeks (total time in class and on practical placement)
Monday to Friday, 4 hours per day
In-class Diploma Program
- 46 weeks total time to complete includes 16 weeks of full time practical placement
- Monday to Friday, 4 hours per day
Online Distance Education Diploma Program
- 46 weeks total time to complete based on 20 hours per week of dedicated learning plus homework
- Includes 16 weeks of full time practical placement
- Majority of the course content is completed online within pre-scheduled milestones
- Instructor time is scheduled each week via video lectures
What is always in the news? Supply Chain and Logistics
Why is this important? The international economy does not work if goods cannot be moved efficiently around the world.
What does this mean for you? An exciting, rewarding career in a fast paced, critically important field.
The need for expertise in Supply Chain and Logistics will continue to grow as online sales and integrated international manufacturing continues to boom. The Supply Chain and Logistics Diploma program at Algonquin Careers Academy may right for you!
Approved as a vocational program under the Ontario Career Colleges Act, 2005.
Supply Chain and Logistics Program Objectives
The Supply Chain and Logistics Diploma program is designed to prepare graduates to have foundational knowledge and skills in:
- Logistics coordination, transportation and freight operations
- Optimizing order frequency, cycles and transit options
- Goods delivery scheduling and tracking and expediting overdue shipments
- Sourcing suppliers, garnering quotes and tendering submissions
- Negotiating pricing, terms of delivery and other contract details
- Processing purchase orders, freight forwarding and other documentation
- Monitoring inventory levels and generating inventory reports
- Reconciling physical inventories and resolving material discrepancies
- Reporting loss, damage and return of goods and materials
Our goal is to have students develop current, practical knowledge and skills to perform competently, efficiently, and safely in a Supply Chain and Logistics role. Throughout the program our aim is to have students gain and build on their communication, leadership, interpersonal, and technical skills. A practical placement combined with classroom instruction ensures you graduate with confidence in yourself and in your theoretical and practical skills.
Supply Chain and Logistics Practical Placement
Algonquin Careers Academy has an excellent working relationship with a variety of employers. During the program students will supplement their in-class training with 16 weeks of non-paid “on the job” practical placement arranged by Algonquin Careers Academy. The placement provides an opportunity to apply the lessons learned in the classroom, gain confidence, and open doors to future employment.
Successful completion of the practical placement is necessary for graduation.
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Career Training Readiness score now!
Supply Chain and Logistics Career Opportunities
With growing international trade, there will be a steady need for graduates in this field. Supply Chain and Logistics graduates can expect to find employment opportunities in the following roles plus many others:
- Expediter Material
- Warehouse Assistant
- Scheduling Assistant
- Traffic control Assistant
- Shipping Coordinator
- Supervisor, Receiving
- Distribution Assistant
- Transportation Assistant
Supply Chain and Logistics Wage Information
Source: Supervisors, Supply Chain, Tracking and Scheduling Co-ordination Occupations (NOCC 1215) Ontario www.jobbank.gc.ca, August 2022
Supply Chain and Logistics Program Admission Requirements
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or the equivalent, or if 18 years of age or over, you may apply as a mature student and write an entrance exam
- Language proficiency is an essential skill required for workers in the Supply Chain field
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or immigration approval
- Assessment interview to determine suitability for the Supply Chain and Logistics program
Supply Chain and Logistics Fee Information
Tuition: $11,500, Textbooks and other fees: $1,875